A note to our visitors: we do not use “affiliate links” at Ending A Wanted Pregnancy nor do we have any financial stake in the sales of these books. These links are here only to make it easier for you to find the books we recommend.
If there is a book you found helpful after you ended a wanted pregnancy, email us and let us know about it so we can include it here.
Decision Making After Poor Prenatal Diagnosis
- Difficult Decisions For Families Whose Unborn Baby Has a Serious Problem by Scott Scribner, et al
- Precious Lives, Painful Choices:A Prenatal Decision-Making Guide by Sherokee Ilse
- A Time to Decide, A Time to HealFor Parents Making Difficult Decisions About Babies They Love edited by Molly A. Minnick, ACSW et al
- The Burden of Choice: Collected Stories from Parents Facing a Diagnosis of Abnormalities During Pregnancy compiled by Georgina Pearson
Grief & Healing: Specific to Pregnancy Interruption
- Our Heartbreaking Choices edited by Christie Brooks
- A Mother’s Dilemma: A Spiritual Search for Meaning Following Pregnancy Interruption After Prenatal Diagnosis by Wendy Lyon with Molly A. Minnick, ACSW
- Abortion: How to Feel Better Afterwards—A Neutral Guide to Recovery by Jilly Smith
Grief & Healing: General Prenatal Loss
- Unspeakable Losses by Kim Kluger-Bell
- Another Baby? Maybe … questions regarding pregnancy after loss by Sherokee Ilse and Maribeth Wilder Doerr
- For Better Or Worse: For Couples Whose Child Has Died, by Maribeth Wilder Doerr.
- An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imaginationa memoir by Elizabeth McCracken
- A Silent Sorrow—Pregnancy Loss by lngrid Kohn, MSW and Perry-Lynn Moffitt with Isabelle A. Wilkins, M.D.
- Surviving Pregnancy Loss by Rochelle Friedman, M.D. and Bonnie Gradstein
- A Guide For Fathers When a Baby Dies by Tim Nelson
- Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby by Deborah L. Davis
Grief Workbooks & Support Group Manuals
- Life Line:A Journal for Parents Grieving a Miscarriage, Stillbirth or Early Infant Death by Joanie Reid
- Support Group Manual:A training manual for conducting support programs for parents who have interrupted pregnancies by Kathleen J. Delp ACSW and Molly A. Minnick ACSW.
- The Art of Helping—What to Say and Do When Someone is Hurting, by Lauren Briggs
General Grief (Not Specific to Prenatal Loss)
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner
- The Reality Slap: Finding Peace & Fulfillment when Life Hurts by Russ Harris
- God Said, Ha!a memoir by Julia Sweeney
Talking to Children About Abortion or Loss
- Lifetimes: The Beautiful Way to Explain Death to Children by Bryan Mellonie
- Sister Apple, Sister Pig by Mary Walling Blackburn (instant download)
- Where Are You? A Child’s Book About Loss by Laura Oliveri
- Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss by Pat Schwiebert
- We Were Gonna Have a Baby, But We Had an Angel Instead by Pat Schwiebert
- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf: A Story of Life for All Ages by Leo Buscaglia
Pregnancy After Loss (Subsequent Pregnancy)
- Celebrating Pregnancy Again: Restoring the lost joys of pregnancy after the loss of a child by Franchesca Cox
- Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth & Infant Loss by Ann Douglas
- Pregnancy After a Loss: A Guide to Pregnancy After a Miscarriage, Stillbirth or Infant Death by Carol Cirulli Lanham
Fiction Involving Termination for Medical Reasons
Image courtesy of Pixabay.